Enrichment for Educators Programs | Created FOR Educators BY Teachers
Teachers and community educators have the opportunity to learn new skills for their classroom, camp, or community site. Learn and apply new technology or develop a repertoire of new science experiments in a focused environment on the campus of Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario.
Learn – Practice – Master software and technology used by today’s students and educators.
- Google Classroom and One Note Class NoteBook
- Augmented Reality such as: Aurasma and Think Link
- Apps such as: Chatterpix, Book Creator, Sway, Explain Everything, Draw and Tell
- Digital portfolios using Office365 and Google
- Coding, gamification, and robotics in the classroom
- Social Media tips, tricks, and safety
This course is taught by Mistene Clapp B.A., M.S.T.,
Connected Technology Teacher, LDSB
Make every day “Experiment Day” with experiments for grade 5-8 students. Investigation and experimentation spark curiosity and challenge students to examine their world, but can be challenging to facilitate in some learning spaces. Whether you have a classroom or open space, you can make science come alive with:
Human Organ Systems and Cells
Forces on Structures
Properties of Fluids
Flight and the Properties of Air
This course is taught by Queen’s graduate students, instructors, and faculty.
These 2 ½ day courses include:
- 19 hours of instruction
- evening excursions with the opportunity to practice what you learn in class
- Residence Option includes premium on-campus accommodations